FreePBX is a free software PBX (Private Branch eXchange) that makes managing an Asterisk installation less of an hassle. It is the user-friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI) used in a number of IP/PBX Linux distributions including Elastix, and AsteriskNOW.
FreePBX is Open Source, and it is developed by Atengo LLC. Some of the functionalities provided by FreePBX – out-of-the-box – are:
- Unlimited number of Voicemail boxes
- “Follow Me” functionality
- Ring Groups with calls confirmation (so if, eg, a cellphone is out of range and diverts to voicemail, all the other phones keep ringing)
- Unlimited number of Conferences (limited by available CPU power – about 300 simultaneous users in conferences on a P4 3ghz – 600 with a dual core!)
- Paging and Intercom functionality for man SIP phones that support it
- Music on Hold (via MP3s, or streamed off the internet)
- Call Queues
For more information about FreePBX, visit the projects home page
Digital Ocean is a VPS/Cloud hosting provider. For just $5 per month, you can get yourself a Cloud server with 512 MB of RAM, 20 GB super-fast SSD, free snapshots, plus backups for a minimal fee. All via a simple graphical interface.
And by signing up with this referral link, you can help support this website.
If you are reading this, your ad could also be occupying this space. Contact us to make it happen.