LVM Configuration in Ubuntu 8.10

I am reading page: 1 2 3 4 5

Create a Volume Group (VG)

With the changes we have made so far written to disk, the next step is to create a Volume Group (VG). Select the option to create a VG as shown in the screenshot below. Enter

Creating a VG starts with giving it a name. Any name will do. Enter.

With the VG named, the next step is to assign the PV we created earlier to the VG. By default, this is not selected. Use the space bar on the keyboard to select the partition representing the PV. Enter.

That’s it for creating a VG. Next step is to create the logical volumes.

I am reading page: 1 2 3 4 5

1. maja says:

Thanks so much for this! Just ran it on a new 10.04 install and it still works!

2. Juan Ortuno says:

This guide is INCREDIBLY helpful!
    Thank you SO very much for such a detailed set of step-by-step instructions. The screen shots along with the text instructions gave me the “visual” confirmation that I needed along the way, without making any mistakes.
    I had NO clue how to do my partitioning, LVs, etc., but your guide definitely helped me to get this completed.
    Thank you!

3. Duane says:

Thank you for the definitive guide to setting up LVM. A well-reviewed book published in 2008 was completely inadequate in its LVM setup guide.
    Only when I came across this post was I able to correctly set up the HDD. Next time I experiment I may set up ‘swap’ as non-LVM to see if there is any advantage to that. Thanks again, great work!

4. izzeldin says:

thanks for this guide . please give us ability to print this guide in this page to benefit from this knowledge . it is difficult print this guide use 1,2,3,4,5 link

You can now print any post on this site. Simply click on the share button below each post/excerpt, and click on “Printer”. While you are printing, feel free to bookmark or share it on your favorite social networking site ;)

• Peter says:

finid
        where is this share button
        why do posters have to be so unhelpful

It is not about being “unhelpful”, it’s just that the Share plugin was clashing with some other stuff. That’s why it was removed. That said, you can now print using the Printblog button below each post. It you are printing this post and other multi-page posts, be sure to first view the post on a single page, before printing. By default the post will print in a double column, saving you paper.

5. izzeldin says:

thanks for this guide . please give us ability to print this guide in this page to benefit fro this knowledge . this difficult print use 1,2,3,4,5 link