Vine Linux is a Japanese, RPM-based, multi-purpose distribution. It is developed and maintained by Vinecaves, and it’s based on an earlier version of Fedora. It is one of those distributions that excludes non-free (proprietary) applications from its default installation. Unlike similar distributions, however, it has developed a smart method to make installing non-free applications very easy.
Origin – Home: Japan – Vine Linux
Desktop: GNOME is the default desktop environment on Vine Linux.
Key features: The following are some of the key features of Vine Linux:
- Graphical installation interface powered by Anaconda
- Linux Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and RAID are supported by the installer. LVM is the default disk partitioning scheme
- Disk encryption is not supported by the installer
- Ext3 is the only journaling file system type available during installation
- RPM-based, but APT-ified
- Firewall is enabled out of the box
Download: Vine Linux is supported on 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. Download information is available on the project’s home page.
Digital Ocean is a VPS/Cloud hosting provider. For just $5 per month, you can get yourself a Cloud server with 512 MB of RAM, 20 GB super-fast SSD, free snapshots, plus backups for a minimal fee. All via a simple graphical interface.
And by signing up with this referral link, you can help support this website.
If you are reading this, your ad could also be occupying this space. Contact us to make it happen.