A new USB stick-sized Android SmartTV from Sanko Co., Ltd of Japan features a quad-core 1.2 GHz Freescale i.mx6 processor. I think that’s more power than any other device of its type that I’ve come across.
With it, you can turn any TV with the right connectivity into an Android device or TV.
It supports Google Play, Japanese input (it’s from a Japanese company), plays most popular audio and video files, and comes with all the accessories you need, all for ¥14,800 or $167.00 USD.
It has 8 GB of storage, expandable to 32 GB via the microSD slot. It also features:
- Android 4.0 ICS
- Vivante GC2000 GPU
- microUSB, USB host, microSD connectivity
- 1 GB memory
- Supports full HD, 1080p (1920×1080 pixel) video
- Wireless 802.11 b/g/n
- 8 GB storage with only 5 GB of free space available for use. (about 2 GB ~ 3 GB used for system)
- Accessories: 5V/1.5 A AC power supply, HDMI cable and microUSB cable included
- USB host allows connecting mouse, keyboard, and USB hub
- Supports Google Play
- Size – 10 (mm) 38 × depth 102 × height width and weighs just 45g
The comany does not have a North American distributor, so the trick, if you want one, is trying to figure out how to get it. Here are a few screen shots.
More info here (in Japanese).
Digital Ocean is a VPS/Cloud hosting provider. For just $5 per month, you can get yourself a Cloud server with 512 MB of RAM, 20 GB super-fast SSD, free snapshots, plus backups for a minimal fee. All via a simple graphical interface.
And by signing up with this referral link, you can help support this website.
If you are reading this, your ad could also be occupying this space. Contact us to make it happen.