Hybryde Fusion is the work of Larrieu Olivier, a French software developer. This tutorial shows how to install HY-D-V1 Desktop on Ubuntu 13.04 from the developer’s PPA (Personal Package Archives). It can also be installed on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
Note that as at the time of writing this article, the package can only be installed on the 32-bit editions, as the 64-bit packages failed to build.
1. Add the PPA to your system: Launch a shell terminal and type:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:olivelinux36/hydv1-desktop-dev-raring
2. Update the package database: From the same shell terminal, type
sudo apt-get update.
3. Install HY-D-V1 Desktop: Complete this step by typing
sudo apt-get install hydv1desktop
4.Logout: Yep, you need to logout.
5. Log in with HY-D-V1 Desktop: Log back in, but not before selecting HY-D-V1 from the Session menu.
6. Enjoy!: Here are a few of screen shots from my test installation.
Another screen shot showing a different desktop background. Note that with this installation on Ubuntu, you are not going to be able to test-drive other desktop environments like you would be able to from the origial distribution. That is, from Hybryde Fusion.
Digital Ocean is a VPS/Cloud hosting provider. For just $5 per month, you can get yourself a Cloud server with 512 MB of RAM, 20 GB super-fast SSD, free snapshots, plus backups for a minimal fee. All via a simple graphical interface.
And by signing up with this referral link, you can help support this website.
If you are reading this, your ad could also be occupying this space. Contact us to make it happen.