NVIDIA Tegra Note is the latest offering in the tablet computing arena from NVIDIA. It is an Android OS-powered tablet platform that will be available either by the end of this year or early next year, not directly from NVIDIA, but from its regional partners.
At a suggested retail price of US$199, it will be a little bit more expensive than existing tablets of the same or about the same size, like HP’s Slate 7 Android tablet ($169), Google’s Nexus 7 ($149), and the MeMO Pad™ HD 7 ($149) from ASUS. However, that “little bit more expensive” gives you a stylus pen, which those cheaper tablets don’t have. Samsung’s Note 8 tablet comes with a stylus, but carries a price tag that’s almost twice as much.
Here are the specs for the Tegra Note:
- Tegra 4 mobile processor with quad-core Cortex-A15 CPU and 72-core GeForce GPU
- 7-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 800)
- 5MP rear camera and front VGA webcam
- 16GB storage with microSD expandable up to an additional 32GB
- Front-facing “HD Audio” stereo speakers with a unique bass-reflex port
- Stylus Chisel and Brush tips for natural writing and broad strokes, powered by DirectStylus
- Micro HDMI connector
- Android OS
- Over-the-air (OTA) software updates directly from NVIDIA
- A battery that will give you about 10 hours of HD video playback
The official announcement says that The Tegra Note will be available “in the next few months.” Since we are just three and half months from the end of 2013, that could easily take us into early 2014, which is highly unlikely because I’m sure that the vendors will not want to miss out on the holidays sales.
Update September 19 2013:
The Slate 7 Extreme and the Slate 8 Pro from HP appear to be based on the Tegra Note. So it’s more than likely that Tegra Note tablets will be on sale this holiday season. See Why you need to see HP’s new Tegra 4 tablets.
Digital Ocean is a VPS/Cloud hosting provider. For just $5 per month, you can get yourself a Cloud server with 512 MB of RAM, 20 GB super-fast SSD, free snapshots, plus backups for a minimal fee. All via a simple graphical interface.
And by signing up with this referral link, you can help support this website.
If you are reading this, your ad could also be occupying this space. Contact us to make it happen.