The Transportation Security Administration is feeling public heat these days over its combination of whole-body-image scanners and heavy-handed pat-down searches, and deservedly so. There’s no question that reform is needed to curtail TSA’s excesses. We especially applaud the Electronic Privacy Information Center’s efforts to increase public awareness about the body scanners. But will the heat now being generated produce the [...]
Post Tagged with: "body scanners"
Common Sense and Security: Body Scanners, Accountability, and $2.4 Billion Worth of Security Theater
on November 24, 2010 at 10:48 pm /
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to automatically receive the latest articles and tutorials in your Inbox.
Reach out & follow us
- TwitterFollow us on Twitter
- Google PlusJoin a prestigious circle
- RSS FeedSubscribe to our RSS Feed
- EmailReach out to us via email
- Abdulla: extremely well written and very very helpful post!!!! i had…
- finid: Yeah, that's what I'm looking forward to too. …
- CFWhitman: If I can get Linux on it with full hardware support (or near…
- Mike Frett: Quite a Magic Trick from HP I see. They've figured out how t…
- finid: I was disappointed when they abandoned WebOS, but this is a …