FreeNAS is a server distro that is based on m0n0Wall, which itself is based on FreeBSD code. Openfiler is also a server distro, but it’s based on rPath Linux (kernel 2.6.x). So, aside from both being UNIX-like, server distros, are there any major differences between them? Yes, but they also have a lot (of features) in common.
- How to use promiscuous mode on AWS: using port mirroring for packet capture in the cloud
- User friendly container cluster networking with Kubernetes
- Building a Continuous Integration Environment using Docker, Jenkins and OpenVPN
- Docker Load Balancing Now in Rancher 0.16
- Introduction to LXD – the container hypervisor
- The sad state of sysadmin in the age of containers
- Using Docker Machine with Weave 0.10