The last time I followed a distribution’s suggestion to remove some packages that were no longer needed, I completely hosed the system. Could not use it afterwards. Though the machine was a test machine, the experience thought me to always let sleeping dogs lie. If what those orphaned packages, as they are called, are doing is just using up a […]
Post Tagged with: "orphaned packages"
on December 6, 2011 at 4:46 am /
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to automatically receive the latest articles and tutorials in your Inbox.
Reach out & follow us
- TwitterFollow us on Twitter
- Google PlusJoin a prestigious circle
- RSS FeedSubscribe to our RSS Feed
- EmailReach out to us via email
- Moving a database container with Docker Swarm and Flocker
- ZeroDB: A database with end-to-end encryption
- DockerContainerExecutor merged in Hadoop-2.6
- Automating application deployments across clouds with Salt and Docker
- Virtual Machines or Containers? Maybe Both?
- Dray: UNIX pipes for Docker
- Deploying to Kubernetes with Panamax
- finid: Are you the author? …
- kshb: Cross platform USB creator http://multibootusb.org/ …
- kshb: I know that this is pretty old post. But there is another cr…
- pavan kumar: sir please tell me the process how should i recover my data …
- finid: If you selected the replace windows 7 with ubuntu option, yo…