This was written by Brett smith on the VLC development mailing list. Brett is the Licensing Compliance Engineer with the Free Software Foundation: Salsaman asked me to come on this list and explain the FSF’s position on the current terms of service for Apple’s App Store, and how those relate to GPLv2. There have been changes to the terms since […]
Post Tagged with: "vlc"
Rémi Denis-Courmont is one of the primary developers of the VLC media player, which is free software and distributed under the GPL. Earlier this week, he wrote to Apple to complain that his work was being distributed through their App Store, under terms that contradict the GPL’s conditions and prohibit users from sharing the program.
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to automatically receive the latest articles and tutorials in your Inbox.
Reach out & follow us
- TwitterFollow us on Twitter
- Google PlusJoin a prestigious circle
- RSS FeedSubscribe to our RSS Feed
- EmailReach out to us via email
- Infographic: Football – past, present and the future February 19, 2014
- Ethiopian Government is being sued for spying on American citizen February 19, 2014
- Yep, it’s legal to link to free Web content February 15, 2014
- Bone-like material that is lighter than water and as strong as steel February 4, 2014
- A pope, his flock and sex February 3, 2014
- How about a ‘remote kill switch’ on every car January 30, 2014
- Scientists grow embryonic-like stem cells without embryos January 30, 2014
- finid: Have you tried Ubunru 14.04? It's an LTS release just like 1…
- Nikos: Thanks for posting! I too am having trouble setting up K450 …
- Phil: I booted from usb stick, but couldn't manage to access lapto…
- B K Singh: LMDE 201403 is awsome. It just rocks and I'm an LMDE user fo…
- NICK: You need to set it / not /boot ;) …